For this holiday, may I suggest one party theme that is sure to be loved by everyone? Choooocolate.
This Christmas, I partnered with GODIVA to share with you a simple yet elegant party idea – “How To Host a Chocolate Holiday Party”. We want to spark a little joy this season by helping you find ways to entertain your friends and family ~ perhaps that’s adding a little more spirit to your DIY holiday entertaining? We want to help create happiness and memories that will be long lasting even after you’ve enjoyed your chocolates. To do so, I’ll be sharing a 3-part series on decorating a fun party with gourmet chocolates and truffles.
GODIVA is also giving away a $250 gift certificate to one SST lucky reader! We’re not joking when we say we’re sparking a little joy. Don’t forget to enter at the end of this post!
To host a successful chocolate party, the first thing you can do is to create a Chocolate Tasting Station. This is a great way to greet your guests, and it creates a space for them to mingle while they nib on sweets.
To create the Chocolate Tasting Station:
1. Open a big box of chocolate with a mixed variety like the GODIVA “32 piece Limited Edition Holiday Chocolate Gift Box” or “Signature Truffle Box.” This beautiful holiday edition is available online and in GODIVA boutiques. Not only is it perfect to create the tasting station, but makes a great gift set too! It offers a nice mix of original and seasonal flavors, including my favorites like Cranberry Linzer Torte Truffle and Gingerbread Truffle. It sure looks pretty on my plates, don’t you think?
2. Use long platters and unique dishes to display your chocolates. This is the time to take out your finest and make an impression. It really makes an impact. I love my sets from Tina Frey Designs, all the pieces are hand sculpted and designed by Tina in San Francisco.
3. Whenever possible, stay within a color palate with your decor. It is easy on the eyes and a good filter to use when planning your party. Here I stayed with red, white and black.
4. Take the chocolate tasting one step further by offering food pairings! Nuts, chips, olives, cheeses, bacon, fruits/dried fruits, anything that has savory or fruity flavor would pair well with chocolates. Let the guests have fun and experiment on their own! For me, I love pairing the Gingerbread Truffle with a subtle nutty or fruity flavors like almond or pear.
5. Add greenery, florals, and decorative objects at the station! It really is the easiest way to dress up the space. I find decorative pieces like pine cones and christmas ornaments are quick ways to add holiday spirit to the table.
6. Don’t forget to have fun as a host! It’s all about spreading the joy and enjoying each other’s company during the holidays. So have some chocolates yourself and be merry!
I hope I have inspired you to set up a chocolate station at your next party. I’ll be back with two more ideas on how to incorporate chocolates in your fete. In the meantime, be sure enter the…
***$250 GODIVA GIVEAWAY!*** (CLOSED)
TO ENTER: Visit GODIVA online and pick out your favorite product to spark a little joy this season – for yourself or for a loved one! Tell us (1) in my comment box below “your favorite chocolate box” and (2) TWEET to @GODIVA with hashtag #GODIVAjoy and tell us what you selected. A winner will be picked at random and be announced on 12/25! Be sure to enter your email address in the box so that I can contact you.
This giveaway starts 11/21 – 12/24, and it is open to U.S. residents only. The winner will be announced on this post and on Twitter .
The winner is: Andrea Darst! Will be contacting you shortly to claim the prize!
Thanks so much for tuning in!
This post is kindly sponsored by GODIVA, one of my favorite chocolatiers offering gourmet chocolates and fine gifts. All opinions shared here are my own. Many thanks for supporting my sponsor and letting me this chocolate holiday party with you!