1. Amour Vert is a woman’s fashion brand that cares about both style and sustainability; you don’t have to sacrifice one for the other. Women can look chic, but not at the expense of environmental harm.
2. Co-founder Linda Balti just got accepted as the newest member of CFDA! This is pretty amazing considering she was a computer science engineer for a defense company before becoming a fashion designer.
3. They stand by a zero-waste policy. Their garments are made of organic and environment-friendly materials and use vegetable and synthetic dyes for colors. Also, every time you purchase a tee, they give back to the environment by planting a tree in America.
4. They locally design and produce their clothes. Garments are cut in Oakland and sewn in San Francisco.
5. Their tagline “Paris Chic, Cali Cool” hits home with me. :)
Amour Vert 437 Hayes Street, San Francisco
Photos in store by Michelle Liu.