When it comes to entertaining, I’m not the one who bust out my pots and pans (I leave that to my husband!) I usually opt for something that is fairly simple to make – like this Caprese on a Stick. All you have to do is cut everything in halves, skew them, arrange them, and you’re done!
- 1 pint grape tomatoes (I got the heirloom grape tomatoes so I have a mix of colors.)
- Fresh basil leaves (The fresher the better! Don’t skimp on quality when it comes to herbs.)
- One container of bocconcini (Bite size mozzarella balls. You can get the marinated kind or not. I got the regular ones so I can dressed them the way I like it.)
- 1 package of skewers. Or you can use toothpick or cocktail sticks… which I think it’d be even cuter.
You can serve this plain, or dress them in two other ways:
- Drizzle some EVOO and salt & pepper to taste. I drizzled mine with Stonehouse garlic olive oil with salt and pepper.
- Make a balsamic vinegar reduction sauce and drizzle it when your guests arrive – this will make your friends and family think you are a real cook. :)
Try it next time! It’s super simple and looks pretty on the table. :)