November is a month for Thanksgiving AND Friendsgiving! Not to scare you or anything, but it is happening in TWO WEEKS, people. 13 days to be exact!
With such little time left, planning a party can be daunting. It definitely is for me! But after spending an evening with Gather last week hosted at Brit+Co in SF, I got inspired by all sorts of ideas and am eager to host a fun night with friends. If you’re hosting a Friendsgiving, or thinking about it, I hope these simple yet thoughtful ideas will make you this year’s hostess with the mostess! (Plus, I promise your friends will think that you’ve been planning this for weeks!)
- Try mixing a pumpkin flavored beer for a delicious signature cocktail.
2. Focus on bite-size appetizers and sides. Forgo the traditional turkey dinner and serve bite size turkey buns and french fries in place of mashed potatoes.
3. Pump a party-perfect playlist. Use Spotify to make a playlist and invite your friends to add songs they want to hear.
< 4. Set-up a gluten-free hor d'oeuvres bar for friends and have a side of gluten free ranch dressing for dips, (it tastes great with french fries, too!) Hidden Valley makes a good gluten free ranch dip.
4. If you have a hard time getting pictures of your friends, photo booth is always a fun way to get your friends snappin’!
5. Make floral ice-cubes for guests to add in their drinks. Easy and pretty!
6. Let guests design their own baby succulents to take home as favors!
7. Have Glad tupperware handy for after party leftovers. You can easily add metallic stripes with washi tape to make it more festive!
8. Make cleaning-up easy and fun by giving everyone a job and a party hat to match. After all, that’s what friends are for, right? :) Assemble kits in a mason jar with supplies and Clorox wipes for fast and easy clean-ups.
Have a wonderful Thanksgiving season, everyone!
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Gather. The opinions and text are all mine.
For more Friendsgiving hostess tips, be sure to check out Gather’s Tumblr for more inspirations. Thanks so much for reading. Be sure to follow my Instagram and Snapchat: shopsweetthings for instant discoveries and behind-the-scenes!