Hey, so we have two weeks until Mother’s Day. Have you thought of any presents for your moms yet? Or any wish-list on yours if you’re a mom? I thought I’d share some gift ideas that I think it will rock any mom’s world, or at least mine, haha! Check out my list here…
1. Mom’s Night-In with a Private Chef from Kitchit. Remember when I tried out Kitchit the first time for this birthday dinner? You can hire a private chef to cook at your home. Wouldn’t it be neat to have the husband take the kids out and let the mom invite a few of her girl/mom-friends for a dinner night-in? It’s only $39/person! But, I got a promo code for you: enter SHOPST29 when you make a booking and you’ll get the special rate of $29/person! I’ve tried it recently again with a group of cool moms and we all had a blast! It’s fun and effortless! Photo by Molly DeCroudreaux. Available in SF.
2. Original Abstract Artwork by Satsuki Shibuya. I never thought being a mom, your life can get so hectic with chasing kids around and keeping the household together. So sometimes it’s nice to just sit and put our eyes onto something that’s very calming. I’ve been following the work of this artist, Satsuki Shibuya. Her paintings are fluid and soft, and the colors are just beautiful. It’s something I don’t mind looking when I just need a moment of peace.
3. Signature Photo Prints from Artifact Uprising. I recently received a set of prints of Hadley and I that were printed from Artifact Uprising. It was the sweetest gift I got from Cuff, who I recently did a photo shoot for. If you’re able to gather some nice pictures, this would make a memorable gift. (iPhone photos are ok too!) Bonus if you throw in a photo shoot session with an awesome photographer! My photos were taken by Thayer Gowdy.
4. All-Natural, Luxury Skin Care from True Nature Botanicals. Luxury skin care is such an indulgent, but also a necessity once you become a mother and one who leads a busy lifestyle. I don’t normally splurge on beauty but I do find the benefits on investing in quality skin care these days. I was introduced and started using True Nature Botanicals, it’s a line that is made (locally in Marin, CA) without toxins and still yields superior results. I have sensitive skin and love how gentle it feels on my face. This set here is a good one to start.
5. Black Leather Flats from Martiniano (via Lisa Says Gah). Don’t ever underestimate the power of black flats. As a mother, I can never have enough flats, but the challenge is to find ones that are chic and go with everything. This pair from Martiniano fits like a glove and offers a new, unique shape. This chic mom approves!
6. DIY Grapefruit Scrub with Sunkist Citrus. With the citrus season upon us, wouldn’t it be nice to treat our moms with a basket of fresh fruits and a body scrub made out of fresh grapefruits? This gift idea is wallet-friendly and easy to make. Check out here for a youtube tutorial!
7. Zipper Carry Tote from Cuyana. Just like a pair of black flats, a mom can never have enough totes either. While I have enough large totes for carrying diapers and bottles, my girls are finally growing out of that stage and I don’t need to carry big ones anymore. However, I still love the convenience of carrying totes, with or without children. This small zipper tote from Cuyana looks about just right, and extra points if it is monogrammed too.
How do you like these ideas? Have fun shopping!
P.S. – Here’s one more gift idea, in case you missed.